Take part in our ‘Capture Your World Cup Moment In the Central City’ photographic competition to mark City Views’ 2010 FIFA World Cup souvenir edition.
Send us your photographs – taken in the CBD of Cape Town – depicting your special World Cup moment. It could be a photograph of you with some tourists, or you with your family enjoying a soccer moment, or of any special iconic moment which sums up the World Cup in the CBD for you.
We at the Central City Improvement District and Cape Town Partnership are determined to do our bit to make every single visitor fall in love with our clean, safe, caring and funky city.
We’re also determined to have the time of our lives enjoying the matches, the visitors and the vibe that this once-in-a-lifetime mega-event will bring us.
We would love all readers to join us and Capture their World Cup Moments in photographs and to send them to us so that we can publish them and select the winners.
Four City Views readers stand to win prizes in the four categories of the competition.
The categories are:
1. Soccer Tourists
2. Soccer Family
3. Soccer City
4. Funky Fans
Each photograph must be taken in the Central City and it must involve soccer as its theme.
We will choose a selection of winning photographs to publish on this website and reward the winners with fabulous prizes. The winning photos will also be published in the August 2010 issue of City Views.
- This competition is for amateurs only.
- Only one entry per category may be submitted.
- Only e-mail submissions will be considered.
- Keep it small. Send your photographs at reduced size to make e-mailing easier (a JPEG of about 400 KB). We will contact you if we require the picture in a larger size for print purposes.
- Include details of where the picture was taken, what camera you used and what time of day it was.
- Supply your full name and contact details.
- No manipulated pictures will be accepted.
- The competition closes on 31 July 2010.
- Employees of The Cape Town Partnership and the Central City Improvement District may not enter.
- The judges’ decision will be final.
- Prizes may not be exchanged for cash and must be claimed within three months of the winners being announced.
- The winners must be willing to have the pictures published and to be photographed themselves.
- We reserve the right to publish your submission.