The Economic Development Partnership, a multi-sectoral organisation that focuses on mobilising a wide range of socio-economic stakeholders towards a more inclusive and resilient regional economy in the Western Cape, is looking for assistance with the coordination and management of its projects and opportunities.
Four positions are currently available:
1. EDP Knowledge Coordinator
2. EDP Leadership, Partnership and Innovation Coordinator
3. One Cape 2040 Coordinator
4. EDP Business Development Manager
Each of these areas require specific skills and expertise (which you can read up on in the job specifications) as well as a proven track record, relevant experience and key collaborative leadership skills, namely the ability to:
- think strategically and in a visionary way
- embrace diversity
- understand and communicate the big picture
- create a compelling vision that motivates participation and commitment
- work in partnership with diverse organisations
- foster a sense of joint ownership and collective responsibility
- encourage input and participation
- translate divergent perspectives
- seek win-win solutions
- collaborate using a values-based leadership approach
- negotiate under difficult circumstances
Interested in finding out more? Download the job specifications here.
Please note that applications close 10h00, Monday 10 September 2012. Please send a copy of your CV or proposal (including references) with a cover letter to email@example.com. Interviews for these positions will be held in the week of 17 September. If you have not been contacted by then, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more information about the EDP and its programmes, please visit www.wcedp.co.za.
Image: A discussion at an Economic Development Partnership members forum, 2012. Photo by Yasser Booley