The City of Cape Town would like all Capetonians to know that the Green Point Urban Park is open and accessible for public use. The official opening is scheduled for early 2011and we invite you to watch this space for news on the official commemorative opening of this magnificent landscape.While entry into the park is free, patrons are required to adhere to a few critical Conditions of Use for their own and others pleasure and safety:
- The park opens at 7h00 and closes at 19h00 daily;
- The park is used at one’s own risk, including the play and exercise equipment;
- Camping, bathing, fires, braais, overnight sleeping, loud music, flower picking and alcohol is not permitted;
- Children must at all times be supervised, especially on the walkways adjacent to the water features;
- Dogs are welcome and must at all times be leashed. Owners are required to pick up and dispose of dog excrement. Dogs are however prohibited from entry into the Biodiversity Garden;
- Picnics are permitted but skateboarding and swimming are prohibited.
Security personnel will patrol the grounds and are stationed at entrances. Should you wish to report a security matter, please call 021 4307356. Should you wish to make general enquiries about the park, please contact Shameema Adams at email@example.com or Nafeesa Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Picture of Biodiversity Garden courtesy of Alex Jongens)